It doesn’t matter whether you are blogging or about to start, it is smart you know something about a single author and multi-author blog. In this post, you’ll learn their advantages and disadvantages, what factors can influence your choice for either a single-author blog or multi-author.
Like the name implies, this blog is written, operated and managed by one person.
Good features of single-author
1. It covers a single topic to a few. This makes it appears well-focused with lots of content, which helps search engines to quickly understand topics the blogs specialize on. The result: content organization, higher ranking, and greater website (domain) authority.
2. The author is most probably the owner, sole-administrator, and controller of the blog. This makes decision making faster.
3. A single-author blog is easy to establish and launch with quick decision making, low budget and it is the most popular in terms of figures.
4. If the blog is successful, you can easily identify the brain behind it.
5. A single-author blog has a sense of personal touch and feeling with readers. This relationship can get stronger and increase trust over time.
6. Most single-author blogs have authoritative information and advice. These make them the go-to blog for the best information and services.
It major downsides are:
1. Single author blogs don’t publish always, like every few hours or daily.
It takes time to create original and quality content, design all the images, creates videos and even publishes to a standard level of users’ experience.
2. Blog design of many single-author blog is fair because of low budget.
3. Single-author blog being a one-man show, the risk can be high and you bear it all alone. In addition, the lifespan of most single-author is short, if the blogger is no more due to inevitable causes. Thus, if a single-author blog is what you like to start, do it, later, upgrade to multi-author blog.
This blog is written or presented by 2 or more people, managed by a team of people who constitute an editorial and publishing board.
Most large corporate organization and government institutions operate a multi-author blog, though, individuals have solely founded a multi-author blog as well.
A multi-author blog requires a huge budget and the quality of their contents is usually high which pass through so many heads such as editorial department, to research department, graphic, and marketing department for better decision making.
Multi-author blog has better design outlook, lots of subject and topics it covers. This makes it a large publishing entity with diverse information you can devour, huge visitors attraction, more readership, and returnees.
Daily news publishing firm, universities, think tank group and community, an advocacy group, and non-government organization operate multi-author blog is d by.
Advantages of a multi-author blog
1. A multi-author blog has diverse information and content published daily, this generates lots of traffic, views, and popularity.
The result, readers will stick around for more information.
2. Each author has its writing style and mode for delivering a message which endears followership. This is a goldmine for an author with large followership and raving fans.
3. A multi-author blog can have a list of authoritative writers if well-structured. This will be of great advantage if, a lot of factors are considered in achieving it.
4. A multi-author blog gives room for the founder to carry out other important responsibilities embellish with strength.
Disadvantages of a multi-author blog
1. It covers a lot of subjects where many of its authors can’t establish themselves as authority over time. Thus, they can’t compete favorably with a single-author blog who has built it blog overtime to an authority level.
2. With different subjects they handle, it can affect their search ranking (SEO). It might take time for search engines to figure out what specific niche and topic the blog belongs. In addition, even if the niche is well optimized and understandable to search engines, they might find it highly competitive with a single-author blog who specialized in the same niche.
3. With a multi-author blog, you might never know who truly contributed to its success or failure. Who and what is working and what isn’t. This can’t be determined by reader views even when a survey is being carried out. It will be inaccurate and hard to justify.
Factors that influence the choice of a single author or multi-author blog.
1. Low capital
If you are just starting and on a low budget, you will probably begin as a single-author blog. This is better than doing nothing about your dream career and business which appears dead if no action taken.
With action taken as a single-author blog, gradually, you will employ more qualified writers or form partnership with established like-minded successful bloggers for expansion into a multi-author blog.
The initial concept for your blogging business start-up, based on it subject, mission and vision can influence your choice for single or multi-author.
You might want to start a blog about your career. For example dental care, you’ll need a few of your colleagues in this field a team of authors to form the blogging business project. In that wise, multi-author blog will be created.
Business organization working to fulfill its marketing goals can embrace blogging as an effective information and communication platform that bridge the gap between your brands and customers; build a fruitful relationship and achieve the company aim and objectives.
A multi-author blog will definitely be the kind of blog to establish.
This blog will comprise of writers and content developers with their unique strength, staff already working for the organization in various departments such as sales & marketing, technical, research & development, product, brand, public relation to customer services department; staff who understand the brands and its target audiences.
For an advocacy group with specific aim and objectives, the single-author blog will be the preferred choice.
Gradually, as interested members join the group, you upgrade to multi-author blog.
If you decide to establish a personal blog with a brand based on your personal experiences, teaching others about topics you love, sharing your traveling experiences or journey towards overcoming and achieving a tough specific goal, a single-author blog will likely be the right choice.
Only you can express such events better and accurately.
To draw the curtain
We believe you have understood what single author and multi-author blog are, their differences, benefits; the likely problems that might emanate and ultimately what can influence your decision and choice for blogging business start-up.
1. Which will you prefer to start and why, single or multi-author blog?
2. What kind of blog has impacted your life most: single or multi-author blog?