It doesn’t matter whether you are blogging or about to start, it is smart you know about the single author and multi-author blog.
You will find it useful in your career.
Either way, you choose to start, they all come with their advantages and disadvantages.
There is no perfect blogging author strategy here.
Like the name implies, this kind of blog is operated by one person.
This is how BillBlogger is currently being operated and managed.
Good features of single-author
1. It covers a single topic to a few. This makes it appears well-focused with lots of content.
This also helps search engines to quickly understand topics the blogs specialize which help with ranking and content organization.
2. The author is most probably the owner, sole-administrator, and controller of the blog. This makes management and decision making faster.
3. A single-author blog is easy to establish and launch due to quick decision making, low budget and it is the most populous in terms of figures.
4. If the blog is successful, you can easily identify the brain behind it, likewise, when otherwise.
5. A single-author blog has the sense of personal touch and feeling with readers. This relationship can get stronger and increase trust.
6. Most single-author blogs have authoritative information and advice due to subject specialization. These make them the go-to for the best information and services.
It major downsides are:
1. Single author blogs don’t publish always, like every few hours or daily.
Because it takes time to create original and quality content, design all the images, create videos and even publish to a standard level of users’ experience.
3. Single-author blog being a one-man show, the risk can be high and you bear it all alone.
In addition, the lifespan of most single-author is short, if the blogger is no more due to inevitable causes.
Thus, if a single-author blog is what you like to start, do it, later, you upgrade to multi-author blog.
This kind of blog is established or written by 2 or more authors.
It is managed by a team of people who constitute an editorial and publishing board.
Most large corporate organization and government institutions operate multi-author blog than a sole proprietorship.
Though, individuals have solely founded a multi-author blog.
This requires a huge budget and their contents quality is usually high which must pass through so many heads such as editorial department, to research department, graphic, marketing for better decision making.
This makes them be considered a professional blog.
Multi-author blog has better design outlook and lots of subject and topics it covers. This makes it a large publishing entity with the diverse information you can devour, huge visitors attraction, more readership, and returnees.
A multi-author blog is mostly operated by daily news publishing firm, universities, think tank group and community, an advocacy group, non-government organization and etc.
Advantages of a multi-author blog
1. It generates lots of traffic, views, and popularity as a result of the diverse information and frequency at which content is published daily.
This makes readers stick around for more information.
2. Each author has its writing style and mode for delivering a message which endears followership.
This is a goldmine for an author with large followership and raving fans.
3. A multi-author blog can have a list of authoritative writers if well-structured.
This will be of great advantage if, a lot of factors are considered in achieving it.
4. A multi-author blog makes the founder carry out other important responsibilities embellish with strength.
Disadvantages of a multi-author blog
1. It covers a lot of subjects where many of its authors can’t establish themselves as authority over time.
Thus, they can’t compete favorably with a single-author blog who has built it blog overtime to an authority level.
2. Due to the different subjects they handle, it can affect their search engines optimization ranking (SEO) where the engine can’t figure out what specific niche or topic the blog belongs.
In addition, if the niche is well optimized and understandable to search engines, they might find it highly competitive with a single-author blog who specialized in the same niche.
3. With a multi-author blog, you might never know who truly contributed to its success or failure.
Who or what is working and what isn’t.
This can’t be determined by views of each author posts even when readership survey is being carried out.
It will be inaccurate and hard to justify.
Factors that influence the choice of a single author or multi-author blog.
1. Low capital
If you are just starting and on a low budget, you will probably begin as a single-author blog.
This is better than doing nothing about your dream career and business which I term being dead if no action taken.
Gradually, you will employ more qualified writers or form partnership with established like-minded great blog authors for expansion into a multi-author blog.
The initial concept for your blogging business start-up, based on it subject, mission and vision can influence your choice. You might want to start a blog about your career.
For example, dental care and you need a few of your colleagues in the field a team of authors to form the blog project.
In that wise, multi-author blog will be created.
As a business organization working to fulfill their marketing goals, they can embrace blogging as an effective information and communication platform to bridge the gap between their brands and their customers, build a relationship and achieve their aim and objectives.
A multi-author blog will definitely be the kind of blog to establish.
This blog will comprise of writers and content developers in their unique strength, already working for the organization in various departments such as sales & marketing, technical, research & development, product, brand, public relation to customer services department; staff who understand the brands and it target audiences.
For an advocacy group with specific aim and objectives, the single-author blog will be the preferred choice.
Gradually, as more interested members join based on the group terms and condition, it gets upgraded to multi-author blog.
If you decide to establish a personal blog with a brand based on your personal experiences, teaching others about topics you love, traveling experiences or your journey towards overcoming a tough specific goal, a single-author blog will likely be the right choice.
Nobody can express such events better and accurately than you.
To draw up the curtain
I believe you have understood what single author and multi-author blog are, their differences, benefits, likely problems that might emanate and ultimately what can influence you to make the right decision and choice for your blogging business start-up.
Share what you think of about it.
1. Which will you prefer to start and why, single or multi-author blog?
2. What kind of blog has impacted your life most: single or multi-author blog?