After you might’ve started your WordPress blog, the next action is to start publishing quality and relevant posts for your readers, almost daily or weekly depending on your subject or niche or perhaps, you might need to edit or update your blog once a while like 3 times in a year; here are 7 steps to publish your posts using WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress (WP) account
Copy and paste the URL of your blog onto a web browser. For example, for Billblogger, it’s http://billblogger.com/wp-admin/
And you’ll be brought to your dashboard.
2. Right on the dashboard, move your mouse over to“Posts” [see image]. It’s either you click “Posts” or its drop-down menu “Add New”. For this tutorial, I opt for the first option (Click Posts).
3. While in the Posts category, click the “Add New” button at the top almost left corner which you’ll observe highlighted.
4. Now, you’ll be driven to the editor page. Where you’ll create your content and publish it.
At Enter here box: Just as the words simply command you, that’s the space where you’ll paste or type your headline or title for the content.
The next big space under it; is where you’ll paste, type or insert your body of content.
Some Editor tools name is:
- Bold 2.Italic 3. Blockquote 4. Bulleted List 5. Numbered List 6. Align left 7. Align Center 8. Align right 9. Insert/Edit Link 10. Remove Link 11. Table 12. Distraction-free Writing table 13. Full screen 14. Undo 15. Redo 16. Toolbar Toggle 17. Proofread writing 18. Justify 19. Strikethrough 20. Decrease indent 21. Increase indent 22. Paste as text 23. Clear formatting 24. Special character 25. Insert read more 26. Emoticons 27. Edit text color 28. WP Help 29. Insert menu
NOTE: These are editor’s tools you should be familiar with if you’ve been using a computer system to process your document.
Freestyle with them to know their purpose if you’ve any question. You can leave a comment.
5. Paste, type or insert your document in the body. Do the entire text format, image format, and every other editing you like to do.
In copy and pasting your document, you could use the tool, “paste as text (22)”. To use, click paste as text, and hit Ok for the next dialogue. This will make your text highly editable especially when copying from Microsoft Word document, but if you don’t make use of the tool, you might be limited or have a problem in making some format or edit the way like.
To insert a video, go to Insert>>>>Insert/edit video.
6a. Tick the category your content belongs to. For example, I opt for Tutorial. If you want to add a new category, just click “Add New Category” and rest is simple.
6b. Add the Search engines (SEO)Keywords you want to optimize your content for the search engine users. Most time, the keyword is always the title of the content or any better optimization you want.
c. Add the tags your content belongs to if you like. For example, I added, tutorial, WordPress and click the “Add” button. You’ll see it under the tag space (see image below).
6d. Set a featured image if you like. Click the words “Set featured image” and your image library will appear. If you don’t have any in the library, click “Upload Files”, to add from your computer system.
Featured images are images that accompany your content summary at the blog home page.
7. If all is great by you. You can click the Publish button. If you don’t want it to publish yet, click the “Save Draft” button and if you want to schedule it for a particular year, month, day & time, click the “edit” button on the “Publish immediately area (see image below).
When all is well done, your content will be alive.
Hope this tutorial helps you in publishing your contents with ease using WordPress.
If you’ve any contribution or question, just use the comment box for that.
My mission is to guide to start and grow your blogging business.
Latest posts by Adekunle Kazeem (see all)
- 7 Steps to Publish your Post Using WordPress for Beginners - November 4, 2017
- 4 Steps to Migrate from Blogger Blog to WordPress - October 27, 2017
- How to Start your Own WordPress Blog on Bluehost - October 18, 2017