You’ve gotten a WordPress blog and want a sneaky guide on how to publish your first blog post and start blogging, here is a simple and straightforward tutorial guide.
The 7 Steps To Publish Your WordPress Post
1. Login To Your WordPress Account
Copy and paste the administrative web address of your blog onto a web browser or simply type it.
An example: for BillBlogger, it’s https://billblogger.com/wp-admin/
You’ll land at your dashboard.
2. On the dashboard, you either click “Posts” or hover your mouse over it while it sub-menu will reveal more options such as “Add New”.
For this tutorial, I opt for the first option (Click Posts).
3. While in Posts section, click the “Add New” button by the top left corner which will be highlighted.
4. You’ll be driven to the editor page, where content will be created and publish.
At “Enter title here” box: this space is for your headline (content title).
The next huge space under is for the main body of content.
Editor Tools name:
1. Bold 2.Italic 3. Blockquote 4. Bulleted List 5. Numbered List 6. Align left 7. Align Center 8. Align right 9. Insert/Edit Link 10. Remove Link 11. Table 12. Distraction-free Writing table 13. Full screen 14. Undo 15. Redo 16. Toolbar Toggle 17. Proofread writing 18. Justify 19. Strikethrough 20. Decrease indent 21. Increase indent 22. Paste as text 23. Clear formatting 24. Special character 25. Insert read more 26. Emoticons 27. Edit text color 28. WP Help 29. Insert menu
5. You can copy and paste your content, type it or insert your document in the body.
Format the text, image, and every other editing and design you like to do.
To insert your document directly from MS Word, use the tool, “paste as text (22)”.
Click “paste as text” button, hit “Ok”.
To add video, go to Insert, then “Insert/edit video”.
6a. Tick the category your content belongs to.
For example, I opt for Tutorial.
If you want to add a new category, click “Add New Category”.
6b. Add the keywords to optimize the content for search engine users.
Most time, the keyword is always picked from the title of the content.
6c. Add tags to your content.
For example, I added tutorial, WordPress and click the “Add” button.
It’ll appear under the tag space.
6d. Set a featured image if you like.
Click “Set featured image” and the image library will open.
If you don’t have the image in the library, click “Upload Files”, to add image from your computer.
Featured image is an image that will accompany the content summary on the blog home page.
7. When everything is fine by you, click the Publish button.
If you don’t want it to publish yet, click the “Save Draft” button and if you want to schedule it, to be publish at a particular year, month, day & time, click the “edit” button on the “Publish immediately” area.
When all are well done, your new post will be alive.
These are the simple steps to publish your first WordPress post.